Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL, ACCURATE MEASUREMENT DONE?
Measurements must be done in accordance with the local real estate board guide lines, and as the listing agent you are liable for the listed square footage. We take on that liability, and ensure you have correct measurements in accordance with your local real estate board guidelines.
2. HOW DO I KNOW WHICH BEDROOM IS WHICH WITHIN YOUR MEASUREMENT REPORT?
All of our staff are trained to put their backs to the front door, start at the master bedroom and label bedroom measurements in a clockwise method.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR SERVICE TURNAROUND TIMES?
- Measurement Service – Nearly instant! Approximately 60 minutes or less after we leave you’re listing on orders completed before 4:00pm.
- 2D Floor Plans with Measurements – Your measurements are still instant and your floor plans will come before noon the following morning.
- 3D Floor Plan Upgrade – 48 hours or less after you receive your 2D floor plan format.
- Blue print conversion – 48 hours or less from the time we receive a scanned copy of your blueprints.
- Photography & Virtual Tours – 24 to 36 hours from the time we leave the property.
- 3D Exterior Renderings – 4 business days or less after your order is placed.
- Renovation Floor Plan Upgrade – 72 hours or less from the time we leave the property.
4. WHY SHOULD I GET A FLOOR PLAN DONE WITH EVERY LISTING?
It has been proven over recent studies that floor plans increase a buyers interest by 30%. When coupled with great photos they successfully allow potential buyers to visualize what living in your listing would be like, even if they currently live across the country or overseas. It can be extremely tough to judge a home’s layout from photos alone without additional material to help.
Several of our clients refuse to consider listing even the smallest of properties without one of our floor plans in place as a part of their complete listing package.
5. IS THERE ANY TYPE OF MEASUREMENT GUARANTEE OR INSURANCE OFFERED?
Yes. We have 2 sets of insurance in place with you and your client’s safety and security in mind.
- 1 million dollar errors and omissions insurance policy covering measurement accuracy. (Click to view)
- 2 million dollar commercial liability insurance policy covering all assets in the home we are working in. (Click to view)
6. HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS?
We do everything indoors and on site using top of the line measurement lasers and CAD software. Measurements are taken from the exterior perimeter around the home than we adjust our totals to meet the demands and deductions of local real estate board guidelines. Room dimensions are always taken to form as much of a square as possible.
7. WHY ARE THERE NO MEASUREMENTS FOR THE HALLWAYS AND BATHROOMS?
We only provide room dimensions that are required by your local real estate board. Please note; all of these areas will be included in your total measurements.